Rachel Makeup

Rachel Makeup

Monday 16 September 2013

My Day with 1st Option Models

It's an unfortunate thing that models sometimes acquire a bad name when they attempt to get one another down because of the high competition or pressure they are under.  That cannot be said for the 1st Option family. I use the word "family" because that is the word Jules Fallon uses to describe her company.

I accompanied Jules Fallon and her team of five models and one assistant on the 16th September to Liffey Valley shopping centre for a styling workshop in which the models would display looks Jules pulled from different stores in Liffey Valley that would appeal to women and young ladies alike. I arrived an hour early and roamed the centre to familiarise myself with the stores Jules would be working with. There was an amazing array of stores from Topshop to Office to H&M. I met Jules in a boardroom in the management suite and she greeted me with a warm hug and a kiss on the cheek. It immediately felt like I knew this woman for a good part of my life. She attracts you in like a moth to a flame and you cannot help but want to know more and more about her and her company (family). Soon after, her family arrives. I am greeted by beautiful beaming long legged young women by the names of Sheona, Helena, Irma, Angelica (Angie) and Paula, who are all happy to see a new face and eager to know my purpose. I beam back at them amazed by their beauty, stature, professionalism and also, their love for Jules Fallon. They  catch up on each others' lives and I quickly understand that when these ladies come to work, they come to work with people they trust, love and support.

It saddens me to say that there was a veil of tribulation over the heads of this family. One of their own was suffering a great loss and it was apparent that they were heart broken over this disaster. However they kept their heads high and worked extremely hard for their client. I turned to Jules to ask her why she did not feel as though she should cancel this job because of recent events. She replied that she would never let down her client because they are family too. In that moment I envied Jules and her extended family and how close everyone was to each other in 1st Option as I had never experienced such camaraderie in this industry.

Seeing everyone working so hard I decided it would be terrible of me not to get involved so I assisted a wonderful young woman by the name of Caroline who is one of Jules's assistants. She is a spirited girl with unparalleled organisational skills and the day runs smoothly because of her efforts. I help organise the clothes and make sure they are in their proper order so the girls are not searching for their outfits and they know exactly where they are and what they are wearing. Jules acted as the MC for the workshop describing the looks the models were wearing and reasons she had chosen certain pieces in relation to what is in fashion at the moment as each model posed on a podium for a crowd that had quickly formed outside Dunnes Stores in front of Jules and her team. From working on Xposé to hosting big events, this is nothing more than a normal day at work for Jules. It is obvious that she has been doing this awhile and is very good at what she does. At the end of the show more than one audience member approached Jules either to ask where she sourced a certain outfit or if she is the shopping centre's personal stylist.

My time with the 1st Option's family was very enjoyable. There are an amazing group of people and it is apparent why they are the best at what they do and why their clients love working with them so much. I hope to work very closely with them again as they have become infectious and you just want be apart of their family after getting to know them for an afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment