Rachel Makeup

Rachel Makeup

Saturday 18 May 2013

I'm Wearing Black Until They Make Something Darker

I'm going to open with my personal opinion of the colour black. I adore black. I think it represents a medley of things; mystery, sophistication, seduction, comfort, strength and so much more. The LBD has been around for years and there's a reason why. Women feel comfortable in black; its slimming and gives a sense of empowerment. Black is a bold colour that can strengthen any look. A strong bold red lip and a strictly black outfit can say so much by doing so little. My wardrobe is predominately black mainly because I feel my best in black and because its a very professional colour.

Black is not actually a colour in itself. It is the absence of colour entirely. That is another reason why I find it alluring. Before the Big Bang there was darkness - blackness; and the world will potentially end in the same way.

In no way am I encouraging or suggesting that your wardrobe be filled with dark clothes. I am merely saying that there is more reason to love black other than the fact that you look slimmer in it. There is a history to the "colour" black and what it symbolises. Frans Hals painted with 27 shades of black.

So when you go put on your next LBD or black blazer that you have always received compliments with, know that when you wear it, you're saying more about yourself than you might realise.


Have a good weekend!
RCKMUA


No comments:

Post a Comment