Rachel Makeup

Rachel Makeup

Saturday 25 May 2013

Will Great Novels Ever Make Excellent Film

This thought occurred to me whilst I was reading Paul Whitington's article in the Irish Independent this morning. He was reviewing The Great Gatsby and stood back from the topic to ask himself and readers, are great novels just not made to be for screen. 



He noted that Mario Puzo's The Godfather wasnt a great novel but when it was interpreted to film it was seen as "one of the finest films of the 1970s". 

And I have to say, I have to agree with Whitington. Also, it's another reason to keep the paperback around (because, lets face it, kindles are crap looking) and we need to keep hard copies of these classics intact. Books are beautiful. You decorate your house by stacking them around your living areas. They look darling on coffee tables and they are also nice to pick up and step out of the real world with. 

This is why I'm going to pick up a paperback copy of The Great Gatsby this afternoon. And not the one with Leo's face plastered across the cover (as much as I love DiCaprio). I'm going for the Woolworth's classic. (About €10 cheaper aswell). 

RCKMUA

No comments:

Post a Comment